Cosmetic Dentistry in Norwich, CT
Whether you have a few crooked teeth, unattractive spaces or a discolored smile, there’s a solution, thanks to major advances in the field of cosmetic dentistry. After some consideration, you may be compelled to call our Norwich, CT dental office, to see which procedures might be beneficial to your unique case. Dr. Greene will work with you to create the smile you've always wanted.
About Cosmetic Dentistry
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), over 99 percent of Americans place a very high value on a beautiful smile. This is one of the reasons why cosmetic procedures are so common in this country—Americans spend roughly $2.75 billion per year on cosmetic dentistry. Many patients don’t go to their dentist until they have an aesthetic problem that they want to fix, like discolored teeth or unattractive gaps.
Types of Cosmetic Procedures
Any dental treatment that is aimed at improving the overall appearance of the teeth is classified as cosmetic. Common cosmetic procedures include:
- Crowns & Bridges to replace damaged teeth
- Braces (traditional and Invisalign) to align and reposition the teeth
- Cosmetic Bonding & Contouring to improve the shape of the teeth
- Teeth Whitening for stained teeth
- Veneers to cover up problem teeth
Though some people assume that cosmetic procedures are optional, some procedures that fall under the category of cosmetic dentistry can also have a significant impact on your overall dental health.
The Many Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Having a cosmetic procedure is an investment in yourself—you should feel comfortable with the way your teeth look. Here are a few of the short-term and long-term benefits of cosmetic dentistry:
- Adjusts and improves the positioning of your teeth so that you have a better bite.
- Straightens the teeth and reduces uncomfortable crowding.
- Evens out the teeth, making them look more uniform.
- Makes it easier to chew and talk.
- Beautifies your smile and makes it look more natural.
- Makes your face appear younger.
Have a Consultation with a Cosmetic Dentist
Do you have any concerns about the appearance of your smile? Explore what cosmetic procedures would work best for you by contacting our Norwich, CT dental office. Dr. Greene and his staff can explain the pros and cons of different procedures to get you the results you want.
For more information on Cosmetic Dentistry in the Norwich, CT area, please contact Greene Dental Group at (860) 889-8427 today!