The COVID19 pandemic has changed the way we live our lives and will continue to have an impact in the future. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
At Greene Dental Group, Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are in place so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that is issued.
In addition to the above agencies recommendations, we have spent countless hours studying the science of the coronavirus and consulting with numerous experts about the impact on dental care and have combined the science with recommendations of those aforementioned agencies as well as multiple international agencies. We have even taken these recommendations a step further to bring new advances in technology to our patients, new safety procedures, and policies where we have developed an integral plan to confidently provide dental care that is safe for our patients and our team. That said this is what we are now offering to ensure the safe delivery of care to you:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same screening questions again when you are in the office, and you must wear a face covering to the office and during the duration of your visit. It will only be removed during treatment.
- In order to minimize the number of people in the building, patients should present to the office by themselves – unless the patient is a minor with a guardian the patient needs an aide or translator with them for assistance.
- You may now enter the reception area of the office. Everyone in the office, patients and providers will need to wear masks regardless of vaccination status. When your treatment room is ready your temperature will be taken . If you have no fever or COVID symptoms, you will proceed to the treatment room.
- You will see that our waiting room will be minimized, socially distanced and no longer offer magazines. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have made an investment in the state of the art air filtration system, called Surgically Clean Air that will remove 99.9% of particles from the air including viruses. It will clean all of the air in the treatment rooms 18 times per hour. Hospital isolation rooms require changing the air 6-12 times per hour. To learn more about Surgically Clean Air, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaD8azR8trs
- During treatment you will notice some changes. We will be wearing more PPE - gowns and face shields are being added to the masks and gloves. We will be using rubber dams where possible and pre-treatment mouth rinses to decrease germs leaving the oral cavity.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- The restroom will be available for our patients and will be disinfected in-between uses, like our treatment rooms.
We are confident that we can provide a safe care with the investments and modifications we have outlined above! We are happy to be transitioning toward a more normal existence!
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to continuing to provide the best care to our all! Please give the office a call at (860) 889-8427 to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Greene & Team
Greene Dental Group